We, a family of three adults, are planning to visit Sikkim from November 19 to 27. The tentative itinerary looks like this:
Nov 19: Leave Bangalore for Badogra and reach Gangtok
Nov 20: Nathu La Pass (can we cover anything else on this day?)
Nov 21-23: 3 day organized trip to Lachen (what would be the approximate cost?)
Nov 24: sightseeing in and around Gangtok (is a complete day required for this and what are the places to visit?)
Nov 25 and 26: Travel to Pelling and sight seeing
Nov 27 and 28: Visit Darjeeling
Nov 29: reach Badogra and back to bangalore
My concerns are as follows:
1. would it be possible to visit Nathu La pass around that time because of climate conditions?
2. would it be possible to cut short a day in gangtok?
3. what are the 'must see' places in pelling?
4. any suggestions for alteration of the itinerary?
5. how would be the weather condition in November?