Itinerary for 10 days around durga puja 16th oct to 26 oct 2015

5 replies [Last post]
ujjwal das's picture

Hello,me and my family..(2 adults and my 4 year old son)..we wanted to visit Shimla-Kullu-Manali areas. Please help with the itinerary.? We haven't been to shimla and manali before and also want to start from kalka by kalka-shimla railways. 

vishnu.kumar7's picture

Hi Ujjwal,

Thanks for posting your question. For the duration of 10 days, I would suggest you following itinerary.

Delhi- Shimla (you can take Kalka-Shimla railways enroute). Spend 1-2 days at Shimla and then go to Narkanda. Stay for a night in Narkanda.

Then you should take Narkanda- Rampur-Jalori Pass-Jibhi route. Stay in Jibhi for the night.

From Jibhi, take the bus to Kullu and stay in Kullu however there is nothing much to see in Kullu.

From Kullu, you can proceed to Manali and stay there for 2-3 nights.

In the end, you can start your journey back from Manali to Delhi.

If you still have some extra days then i will suggest you to extend stay in Jibhi or proceed to Parvati valley (Kasol etc)

+- Vishnu

Guest (not verified)
Guest's picture

Thanks Vishnu,

Can u please tell me the distances and travel time between the places.

i would also like to know if i can add Manikaran instead of Kullu.

vishnu.kumar7's picture

you can find the distance on Google map. While coming from Jibhi, you can take a bus to Kullu. get down at Bhuntar (Manikaran circle) and then another bus to Manikaran. From Bhuntar, Manikaran is some 30 km. Instead of Kullu, i will also suggest you to stay in Kasol or Manikaran.

+- Vishnu

Guest (not verified)
Guest's picture

Hi vishnu, I planning for 5 days trip to Shimla to kalpa & Kaza, please advice what would be ruote plance and where to stay that can be accomodated on 5 days

Rupam...

vishnu.kumar7's picture

Hi Rupam,

5 days are very less to cover Kaza and Spiti. I will suggest you to visit Sarahan, Sangla, Chitkul and Kalpa for the duration of 5 days.

+- Vishnu

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Image CAPTCHA
Enter the characters shown in the image.